FAM Congress, Thomas Cup bigger than Bukit Gelugor race
HARESH SAYS as published in Mailsport today IT was a weekend filled with plenty of expectations. Footie fans had been pushing for changes in FA of Malaysia (FAM) through its #RombakFAM (revamp FAM) campaign. The much awaited 50th congress was held on Sunday morning and it was the first time in three decades former president Sultan Ahmad Shah was challenged by two others — his son Tengku Abdullah and the Crown Prince of Johor, Tunku Ismail Ibrahim. As many had expected, and I had said on air during Astro Arena’s Kafe Sukan last month, Tengku Abdullah was voted the new president. But I had also on the same programme, through my previous writings and during Nadi Arena on Saturday, stressed Malaysia football is beyond FAM. It is only right to thank Sultan Ahmad for his three decades of services and to congratulate Tengku Abdullah for taking up the role — which he was destined to assume. Tengku Abdullah is also the Malaysia Hockey Confeder...