Skip to main content

Don't blame BAM...

...blame all sports organisations.

Why?

They have resulted in a system which is just dumb-founding if not ridiculous.

Flashback during the KL v Kelantan match at Selayang Stadium last week. Several KL FA officials were lamented they do not get any support from the current KL Mayor Ahmad Fuad Ismail. They used to get RM1 million from Ahmad Fuad's predecessors.

Let's be reminded then city mayor Elyas Omar gave KLFA money and land.

So KLFA has been pampered. They only want handouts. No initiative to run a website, or a blog which is free. No effort. In fact, NST's Devinder Singh has more records on KL for the past two decades than KLFA.

What is the return of investment? Oh wait, do they know what is return of investment?

It's no different with the BA of Malaysia (BAM).

Doubles specialists Fairuzizuan Tazari and Zakry Abdul Latif (pic L-R) have left the national badminton team, as reported here.

Bernama reported Sports Minister Ahmad Shabery Cheek as saying; "...if more decide to follow the footsteps of Zakry and Fairuzizuan... it would be construed that the association was no longer relevant".

What's the big fuss?

Allow players to be independent. They are after all Malaysians.

BAM should concentrate on organising tournaments for all age-groups. Why so much of attention on the elite few? Have training only before a major tournament.

How would my neighbour's son benefit from BAM? I don't know as the masses do not consider BAM as relevant.

At least BAM has been securing good sponsors. At least RM1.6 million from that money will be pumped into development.

The other organisations? Tunggu duit gomen ke?

HD says: Find your own money la. Government should spend money on better facilities in schools and a reliable transportation system rather than sponsoring officials for overseas trips.

Comments

  1. It going in a circle.. cant you see it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…