Skip to main content

Beasley to MNCF: Don't stab me in the back

As published in Mailsport today

By Wan Noriza Meor Idris
wannoriza@mmail.com.my

PETALING JAYA — National coach John Beasley has told Malaysian National Cycling Federation (MNCF) to stop “stabbing him in the back” and asked MNCF president Datuk Abu Samah Wahab to stop misleading the public about track cycling.


 
“If the MNCF want to get petty and play petty games then at least state the truth. Please don’t mislead the public.
 
“Nobody wants this fight, we just want to come together for the betterment of the sport. Please stop it and let’s move forward,” said Beasley.
 
“My message to the federation is — sort this out and stop it. We are supposed to be working together.
 
“If you have issues with me as the coach speak to me. Don’t stab me in the back. You have my phone number. Let’s talk.”
 
Abu Samah was quoted by Kosmo on Jan 31 as saying he was disappointed Azizulhasni Awang did not win a gold medal at last week’s Asian Cycling Championships (ACC) in Japan despite large sums of money being spent on his training in Melbourne.
 
Abu Samah, however, praised Under-23 road cyclist Ammen Ahmad for finishing in the top 10 at the ACC — despite Ammen finishing behind his Southeast Asian rivals — and also the road racing team even though no Malaysian completed their mass start events.
 
A furious Beasley said  Abu Samah should talk to him directly.
 
“I would much rather you say what your issues are to my face. I would respect that even if it was not something I would want to hear,” he said.
 
Azizulhasni was not at his best in Japan as he had missed a month of training in December due to a flu virus and injury yet won two bronze medals in the sprint and keirin events.
 
He has also risen to No 1 in the keirin world rankings.
 
Beasley’s early season plan was for him to peak at the World Championships in London on March 2-6 and the Rio Olympics (Aug 5-21). 
 
When contacted, Azizulhasni said: “It is a waste of time talking to MNCF. I just want to concentrate on my training.”

HD says: Congratulations Azizulhasni. Gua caya sama lu, bro!

Comments

  1. In your musical days you could have added "another one bites the dust?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…