Skip to main content

Putramas residents up in arms over construction of new bridge

UPDATE (5.30pm): Segambut MP Lim Lip Eng has written a letter to the Mayor regarding this matter.



----
ORIGINAL POST

Construction of the bridge near Jalan Putramas is underway. Picture taken this morning.
Many Kuala Lumpur residents are turning into an angry lot.

And the same can be said about those staying at Sri Putramas 1, Royal Domain and Royal Regent.

The residents there are up in arms over the construction of a new bridge connecting the already congested Jalan Putramas to a new condominium project site called Era@Duta North.

The first phase of Era@Duta North was launched in April last year, offering 921 units within two blocks of residential towers named Dawn.


The bridge, the residents said, will create massive congestion. Checks with residents there revealed there are 1,220 units at Sri Putramas 1; 1,022 units at Royal Domain and 654 units at Royal Regent.

There is another residential block there - Antah Tower.

The residents, had through their respective managements, submitted a letter to City Hall expressing their displeasure against the project on July 16, 2017 (as per below).



City Hall, in its letter on Dec 27, 2017, said while the construction of the bridge was approved on March 6, 2017, the developer JKG Central Park Sdn Bhd has to execute "Communication Strategy" with residents in the area before, during and after construction as per requirement 25 of the Development Order.

City Hall's reply is as per below:




The residents claim they have not heard from the developer and sent another letter to City Hall earlier this month, requesting for a dialogue session.


Jasmi Kamsar, Royal Domain management corporation chairman, said: "We are not against the development of the new condominium. It's the bridge that we are against.

"Right now traffic in the area is bad and with the new bridge, it will be even worse.

"The developer is supposed to inform us about the project. Even City Hall made it clear that although they have approved the development, they are supposed to conduct the Communication Strategy. No one has spoken to us about the construction of the bridge," he added.

Talk has it that the residents are planning to stage a protest.

KL residents elsewhere have been fuming in recent months.

Last month, some 90 Taman Desa residents were up in arms again last month, protesting against the contractors of a condominium project for violating the permitted working hours resulting in lots of inconvenience to them, as reported by The Sun.

It was the same month Taman Tun Dr Ismail residents failed to stop a proposed mixed development project at Taman Rimba Kiara, as reported here.

Comments

  1. Thanks MP Lim. Hopefully there is a stop for building the bridge, it already a hazard for this area, cannot imagine the bridge interconnect into Putramas area.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…

Football journo's accreditation card retracted for being 'overly critical'

Four Four Two journalist Vijhay Vick's accreditation card to cover the M-League has been "retracted" by Football Malaysia LLP last night.

The letter, signed by FMLLP chief executive officer Kevin Ramalingam, stated:
"We are open to criticism by the public, however, it has been brought to FMLLP's attention that you have been overly critical of the Malaysian League and have made misleading statements and or shared misleading statements made by third parties. This is very damaging to the image of the League and the brand that we are trying to build."
It remains unclear which articles written by Vijhay are said to be "overly critical" of the Malaysian League.
Vijhay, in responding to the letter he received last night, said: 
"I was shocked (to receive the letter). I would like to know which articles of mine that are overly critical of the league."
It is best if FMLLP explained its definition of being "overly critical". 
While the bo…

Poser over national table tennis association 'RM8 million loans' to private companies

UPDATE (May 20, 2018; 3.15pm):Lawyer representing Table Tennis Association of Malaysia admitted manner in which loans amounting to RM8 million given out by association to two developers was "not right" and that his client is taking steps to terminate the contracts. He said this after attending an exco meeting at the association's office in Bukit Jalil this morning.
---
ORIGINAL POST

The Table Tennis Association of Malaysia (TTAM) has been smashed with allegations of giving out RM8 million worth of "loans" to two developers, raising eyebrows and irking at least two of its affiliates.

A police report has also been lodged over the matter.


According to a letter by the Kuala Lumpur Table Tennis Association (KLTTA), written on May 3:

i. TTAM's Financial Statement (ended March 31, 2018) presented during the 6th Exco Meeting on April 21, 2018 saw a total sum of RM8 million loans granted to two private companies - Ekal Jaya Sdn Bhd and Iktimewah Sdn Bhd (RM4 million …