Skip to main content

Free for all

UPDATE (12.58am): Police confirmed 1 death due to either heart attack or suffocation. Awaiting postmortem results. Read K.Rajan's report in today's The Malay Mail and FA of Malaysia's take on the scenario.

The Malaysia Cup quarter final match (1st leg) between Selangor and Kelantan didn't just ended up with a draw but also with fist fights.

Fans from both teams fought as the players are still kept in the dressing rooms of the Shah Alam Stadium as this posting is being written.

Even reporters are unable to go out due to the chaotic nature. There are claims that groups of fans are involved in fights outside the stadium at the moment.

Unconfirmed reports state that two fans died - one was beaten to death while the other died of a heart attack. Nevertheless, this is being verified with the relevant authorities at this point of time.

The last time such violence was seen was when a Black Maria was set on fire during a Kelantan-Negri Sembilan FA Cup match played in Kota Baru April last year. The Red Warriors lost 2-1 in that match.

HD says: Does not condone fights, but guess the semangat among the fans in local football is still strong.

Comments

  1. sad to hear that.. hopefully the SOS Cup this Sat will not postponed as I be coming over.

    Pls do keep us update thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello mate,

    I totally agree with you the semangat among fans in local football is still strong. Especially in Piala Malaysia.

    Anyway I am hoping you to shed some light on incident involving Khairul Anuar Baharom (yes the headbutt!). How come there is no action taken? Suspension, fine etc. We all know about double standard in FAM but come on it was on the tv, they can't make it too obvious right?

    Cheers!
    Davd

    P/s What team do you follow in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hie there Davd (or David),

    Thank you for your comments. At least you're also looking at the bigger picture.
    I will also ask the good folks at FAM about Khairul's incident.

    P/s: I grew up following the Kejor Yob Kejor team :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…