Skip to main content

BAM distracted, young shuttlers miss out on Asian tourney

While attention was focused on internal matters leading to the resignations of national coach Rashid Sidek and talent management group director (TMG) Tan Aik Mong, the BA of Malaysia (BAM) seem to have forgotten about the Badminton Asia Youth Under-15 and Under-17 championships.

Checks on the Badminton Asia Confederation (BAC) website revealed not a single Malaysian shuttler was registered for the regional age-group tournament to be held in Kudus, Indonesia on Oct 8-13. The deadline for the registration of players was Sept 17.

This comes about as BAM president Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff is set to be acting TMG director and strives to be a hands-on president, as reported here.

Meanwhile, the organiser of the Malaysia-FC Barcelona match held at the Shah Alam Stadium last month has been blacklisted by the Shah Alam City Council.

Read more on the backpage of The Malay Mail today.

HD says: Hope someone within BAM would be able to clarify to why not a single Malaysian is listed as a participant on BAC's website.

Comments

  1. At first, when Tengku Mahaleel was elected to lead BAM, i, was optimistic that, he would bring about some positive changes and new direction, to improve the opinion of the masses towards the body.
    Unfortunately, things turned out to be a bit messy due to some decision taken by the new leadership. Why is it so, and what was the reasons for this poor handling of the affairs??

    No one is indispensable, when it comes to protecting the interest of the sport. But, one should also be tactful enough to "handle and maneuver," whatever problems there are ( being proactive )

    Tengku Mahaleel, must understand one important point,...that the sport belongs to the people and not BAM alone. Any decision and steps taken must take into consideration the backlash it may bring about - be more analytic and inclusive to cover all areas of the problem to prevent backlashes.

    The nation, particularly the media people are the main support- group in educating and providing information to the masses. BAM must not restrict or impose conditions as they wish, and try to fight the waves - don't sink the ship due to arrogant.

    One must not fail to understand that, the sport is at world standard, even before Tengku Mahaleel's, presents at the helm.
    All the people in BAM, especially the officials must know that the coaches from the past and present are the ones responsible to put where Malaysia is today.


    HSKL says: Don't navigate the ship blindly, and fight the waves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…