Skip to main content

MAB in the dark over concert donations

The Malaysian Association for the Blind (MAB) is in the dark over claims it was supposed to obtain a portion of the ticket sales from the series of Richard Clayderman concerts last month.

The concert organisers said in a press statement in October: “Universal Music Malaysia is working with organisers Mojo Resources to donate a portion of the ticket sales to the Malaysian Association for the Blind to help blind musicians in the country.”

It remains unclear as to the total number of tickets sold and the percentage from the revenue the organisers had intended to donate to MAB.

MAB chief executive officer cum secretary Datuk S. Ganesan was clueless over the matter.
“I’ve checked with my officers and we have not heard from any party claiming to represent any concert or giving us any donations from any concerts,” said Ganesan.

“I will vet all collaborations and I can confirm we have not heard from anyone. In fact, we were unaware of such a statement being made by the organiser of the concert until you raised this matter with us.”

Read the full report in The Malay Mail today.

HD says: Hmm...

Comments

  1. My friend. This is very common. The organisers want to enjoy tax exemption. Even if they donate it will be just a token sum to hoodwink the government. Even the King of King musical has announced that they will be donating to tamil school. But nobody know how much. Just like you said the % is not stated anywhere

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…