Skip to main content

Rajagobal to coach Vietnam?

Former national coach K. Rajagobal could end up plotting the downfall of his former team in upcoming tournaments if he accepts Vietnam's offer to train their national senior and youth squads.

Rajagobal and former World Cup winner Marcel Desailly are among the six shortlisted candidates for the Vietnam's national coaching job. And the Malaysian former international is said to be the favourite.

After the bitter end to his coaching career in Malaysia last year, Rajagobal is now ready to take up a bigger challenge and is keen to help another nation with his coaching expertise.

The 58-year-old has helped to revitalise Malaysian football by guiding the national team to the 2009 Sea Games gold and the 2010 AFF Cup title.

Rajagobal was the longest serving national coach, having served FA of Malaysia (FAM) for four and a half years.

Appointed as coach in April, 2009, Rajagobal's contract, however, was not renewed by FAM after it expired on Dec 31 following his team's poor performances in friendly matches and competitions. 

Rajagobal's relationship with the concerned parties, including the fans, had also gone sour during that period.

The Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) hopes to get an experienced coach to replace Hoang Van Phuc, who resigned recently. 

Read the full report in today's NST.

HD says: This will be interesting...

Comments

  1. Dear Bro Haresh,

    Congrats on your prize winnings....hope you win many more in the days ahead !

    Better for our coaches to try their luck elsewhere.....the game against the Philips just goes to prove that we have a bunch of prima donnas who cannot play, think, imagine or finish a decent game of football at the international level.

    Now Datuk OKS will try to appease the followers with his usual highly measured and guarded statements to defend and make us believe in this bunch of shameful fellows wearing our national jersey
    Just cannot imagine a team that has been together for more than 2 years (and millions of ringgit spent) dishing out such crap.

    Some commentator, as is, with the all too familiar Malaysian malady...blamed the grass pitch.....

    Kek, kek, kek......yes, betul itu.....all (our players and the commentator) must have smoked some grass mixed with ketum lah bro - sebab iut depa main macam zombies !!!!

    Better OKS ply his trade elsewhere too instead of him wasting time and effort whipping unimaginative blokes who just cannot string 3 decent passes in 90 minutes !!!!!

    Another sad episode for our beloved soccer.

    Cheers
    Peminat Sukan JB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…