Skip to main content

Thank you FAM; Fakri goes to Portugal; Raja remains positive

I bet those will be the words of Mat Zan Mat Aris (pic), Robert Scully and Nidzam Adha Yusoff.

All three coaches were sacked prematurely for reasons best known by the respective FAs (Terengganu -Mat Zan; Penang - Robert; Perlis - Nidzam) last season.


The matter was brought to the attention of the FA of Malaysia (FAM). The Player Status Committee decided that all three FAs will have to pay RM120,000 in compensation to the coaches.

Committee chairman Takiyuddin Hassan said the FAs would have to pay the compensation within one month of receiving a letter or their annual grants will be deducted.

This is the second blow for Terengganu after FAM had earlier decided that Peter Butler's termination by the Terengganu FA was "null and void".

Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to the state FAs not to take their employees for granted.

Meanwhile, Ahmad Fakri Saarani joins the likes of Nazmi Faiz Mansor in plying his trade in Portugal.

During a Press Conference at the Hilton Hotel in PJ, it was revealed that Fakri will sign a year-long deal with Atletico Sport Clube Reguengos next season. Nazmi is currently playing for Beira Mar's youth team.

Last but not least, national coach K.Rajagobal would prefer to see the two defeats "positively".

The national team lost 1-0 to Vietnam and 2-0 to Thailand in two friendly matches recently.

Rajagobal was quoted by Bernama as saying;

"We need to see the outcome positively rather than negatively. It's better for us to lose at their turf but learn their game than later be defeated by them on home ground in the Suzuki Cup (if we were to meet each other)."

HD says: Finally justice for the coaches and all the best Fakri.

Comments

  1. Tak ada orang ke yang bagitahu Rajagopal, yang pasukan Thailand tu bukan pasukan pertama?

    Kamarul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xleh nk bt apa bro...kena tunggu n lihat jer...King still ngn egonya...apapun, kalo gulung tikar awl aff nti, pecat King ganti ngn OKS...

      Kemahkemim...

      Delete
  2. Kamarul, maybe HD can release the info to Rajagopal (and Udin & Iddin).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…