Skip to main content

Will Pahang be punished?

UPDATE May 31: Johor FA president Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim is still serving his six months suspension but he made a statement as seen here.

Is the Johor prince in trouble again?

------------

UPDATE (May 30): FAM warn host teams to beef up security at stadium. The competition committee fined Pahang FA RM100,000 while Darul Takzim FC fined RM20,000 over Kuantan episode. Read more here.

---------

So says former Mailsport journo Rizal Hashim.

One thing for sure, there was certainly an 'overprint' of tickets - something even FA of Malaysia (FAM) vice president cum competitions committee chairman Hamidin Amin suspected as revealed to Mailsport (as published today).

The whole fiasco happened right in front of FAM president Sultan Ahmad Shah.

A meeting is being held at Wisma FAM to discuss about the FA Cup return leg semi final between Pahang and the Southern Tigers after the match was called off yesterday due to crowd trouble. The number of fans in the stadium clearly exceeded the the stadium's 35,000 sitting capacity.

Such incidents tend to happen at major matches including that of the pre-World Cup Malaysia-Singapore match at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil in 2011 where FAM were later fined RM14,200 for crowd disturbance and security flaws as reported here.

Will Pahang be penalised?

HD says: Let's wait and see.

Comments

  1. what about JDT itself? the previous match (liga super) between JDT & Kelantan were delay. That should be punished as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro HD,

    Let's not beat around the bush la bro.Everyone saw what happened during the 1st leg...the match was held up (kick off) due to spillover of fans.
    And no thanks to the behaviour of the Johor fans towards the Pahang fans at Larkin.
    FAM knew darn well about this simmering between the rival fans...the guy who walked around the stadium in his grey shirt (MC?)before kickoff during the 1st leg should have hidu this suasana and included such matters in his match report. As is usual in all cases, he failed in his responsibility and we were served a grand spectacle of lawlessness well beyond the control of the FAM.
    It was magnanimous of Tuanku to allow fans to be seated just behind him to allow the match to kick off.But the real culprits behind this fiasco were clueless and some were seeking the might of the cops to keep the fans away.
    Memalukan la bro ! And heard it in the grapevine..the calling off of the game was brought about by refusal to play la kawan !

    Just a fortnight ago or so...I told KJ to keep FAM,BAM and MHC files in his right hand drawer for quick references...... since last week BAM is already kepala bintang, now FAM buat kepala pening soon MHC will make kepala tak siuman !

    Kah..kah...kah..welcome to the farm KJ !!!!

    Cheers,
    Peminat Sukan JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Due to crowd disturbance and security flaws, FAM was fined RM14,200 for the pre-World Cup Malaysia-Singapore match at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil in 2011.

    How much was state FAs fined for the same offence?

    Lebih untung dari meniaga unta! (with ref to P Ramlee movie, TIGA ABDUL).

    Kamarul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear HD,
    It doesn't take a genius to know that the overcrowded was due to counterfeit tickets. Can you see the common denominator of the last 2 overcrowded matches? Its Pahang vs JDT and JDT vs Kelantan. From that you can deduced that who printed the fake tickets. its the overzealous team la Bro....

    Pak Nik

    ReplyDelete
  5. PBNJ should be fined as well on waht happen during Super league match bw JDT & Kelantan? previously match delay b/w kelantan & PKNS, what did not Rizal hashim complaint about? when it comes to his state, what did he say's????????? as a journalist he should not pick what issue he want to write....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…