Skip to main content

What about Malaysian solidarity?

Why did BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Nadzmi Salleh (pic) back out from the Badminton World Federation (BWF) presidency race - a role he was eager to take on in the first place?

Is it wise for Nadzmi to be part of the Badminton Asia Confederation (BAC) which seems to be in a mess with a legal suit and an injuction filed by the Lebanon Badminton Federation?

Shouldn't Nadzmi spend the same time an energy on BAM - to impart his knowledge as former Proton boss?

Nadzmi and his Indonesian counterpart Justian Suhandinata, who is also running for the BWF presidency, claim Nadzmi's decision to back out of BWF was done based on "Asian solidarity".

For the record, Nadzmi had earlier provided and explanation for his decision of taking up the BAC top post as published on BAM's website.

What about Malaysian solidarity?

Read more in today's Mailsport.

HD says: Note - No party encouraged or instructed the author to write the article and the article is merely questioning the need for Nadzmi to wear many hats when he - with the years of knowledge and experience running a big company - could further help BAM and enhance the relationship between all stakeholders involved in the sport in the country.


Comments

  1. Poor guy...perhaps still in shock.

    He might not know what he is doing.

    He got only 2 nominations for BWF presidency and had difficulty finding an excuse to withdraw and now he got BAC position by surprise.

    And now decided not to contest after being persuaded by the other candidate. What a nice or perhaps a pre-arranged platform to withdraw.

    Perhaps BAM council encouraged him to take the BAC position politely and leave BAM graciously.

    Enough damage done in BAM already.

    I don't blame the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He and his men should leave BAM ...
    look at BAM now ... the players .. pathetic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…