Skip to main content

Of Proton, Lotus and Dany Bahar

Those in the scene are eager to find out about Dany Bahar's (pic) suspension.

Perhaps this article 'Group Lotus boss Dany Bahar suspended' from UK's the Evening News 24 can clear the air;

“As a result of a number of media inquiries, Group Lotus plc (“Lotus”) can today confirm that, following an operational review, chief executive Dany Bahar has been temporarily suspended from his role to facilitate an investigation into a complaint about his conduct made by Lotus’ penultimate parent company, DRB-HICOM Berhad.

Just three days ago Dany was quoted by Top Gear's Ollie Marriage as saying;

"Dato’ Sri Haji Mohd Khamil Bin Jamil, Proton's new Chairman, visited Hethel on Wednesday 2nd May and reassured the management team and staff representatives that DRB-HICOM is not thinking about a sale of Lotus right now. He also made it clear that a sale still could be an opportunity, but it is not DRB-HICOM’s priority to consider this right now for Lotus. That’s what we were told and I have no reason to question it.

Dato' Sri is aware that the uncertainty is damaging the business and the brand, but he said that he needs time to completely understand the business before making a decision about Lotus and this could take a few months. This makes our life very, very difficult, but I have no choice but to accept the situation and be patient. We presented him with our journey so far since the Paris Motor Show 2010 and he was heavily impressed with what he saw, not only with the current line up, but he showed a special interest in the future cars.

The takeover of our parent company Proton by DRB-HICOM couldn’t have come at a worse time, but – again - up until that point Lotus was on track to meet the major milestones as set out in the five year business plan. The takeover process has put Lotus in a very difficult situation and it is very frustrating that the only thing we can do is to wait for a final decision how to move forward. In business sometimes things happen outside of your control and you have to do everything you can to make the best of it."

Enjoy the full interview here.

And just slightly over a month ago, Dany had - in an exclusive interview with UK's The Sun - said;

I remain confident and committed that we can bring Lotus back to the top.
We have a healthy order book of 1,127 cars but due to the takeover it has been a very difficult time.
We have spent the last two weeks discussing in detail with our new owners our investment plans and all aspects of the business.
They know the situation Lotus are in, and it is in their interest to resolve the issues as soon as possible.”

Oh and not to forget, apparently Syed Zainal Abidin will quit Proton at the end of the month.Ye ke??

HD says: Hmm....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong with KL SEA Games?

145 gold medals.
It's the best Team Malaysia has ever achieved since the inception of the SEAP Games in1959.
The 29th edition of the SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur ended yesterday. The opening ceremony dazzled those at the stands and viewers at home while the performances during the closing ceremony yesterday jogged plenty of musical memories to many.
Our athletes, the real superheroes, brought smiles through their heroic display. They made everyday a happy day.
Kudos to the officials - from the coaches, the National Sports Institute and National Sports Council - for their hard work in ensuring our athletes perform to their best.
But it was not all memorable.
From

'World fashion disaster' in KL

World Fashion Week Asia 2017 ended over the weekend.

And the launch on Friday at Palace of the Golden Horses at Mines Resort City just outside Kuala Lumpur turned out to be a forgettable night.

Why?

It was poorly organised.

Just as many are trying to get over the nightmare witnessed throughout the KL SEA Games, the organiser of World Fashion Week Asia 2017 has made it look like Malaysians seem to have lost it when it comes to hosting major events and hospitality.

Here's why.

Royal protocol ignored

1. The Sultanah of Terengganu Sultanah Nur Zahirah was invited to grace the event.
    a. There was no holding room for the Sultanah and VIPs accompanying her.
    b. The Sultanah was invited on stage without anyone accompanying her there (a big NO NO if anyone knows protocol involving royalty).
    c. The event dragged on till 11.30pm, way past the cut off point of the very many events I've attended with members of the royal family present.
   d. The Sultanah was forced to walk all t…

Klang run 'illegal', says Sports Commissioner

UPDATE (Dec 11; 11.58am): Sporting events approved by Sports Commissioner's Office will be posted on the Youth and Sports Ministry's website starting Dec 14, as revealed by the Sports Commissioner in her statement today. I'm glad the last point of my observation (as per posting right below) has been addressed.

---

UPDATE (10.57pm): A Twitter user had sent me a link by the organiser of the Klang Heritage Marathon 2017. It states that the marathon has been "postponed to Oct 14, 2018" and that they have been victims of fake news and will lodge reports with the authorities against materials with elements of defamation or fake news. Read the full statement, posted on Dec 2, here.

---
ORIGINAL POST

A Klang City International Marathon 2017 pacer suffered serious injuries after she and two others were hit by a car

Turns out that the organiser of this morning's event, Earth Runners International Group Sdn Bhd, DID NOT submit any application to the Sports Commissioner&#…