No fights? Thank the police and law advisers?

Ong Poh Eng“Even though I have lost, I am satisfied with my experience serving as the president of MWF. I am also very satisfied with the peaceful outcome with no fights. I thank the police and the law advisers who helped us today.”

Those were the words of ousted Malaysian Weightlifting Federation president Zafarul Akbar Kassim as reported here.

No fights? Thank the police and law advisers?

I never knew the election process of national bodies in this country are that 'violent'. Read a previous report on the association's AGM here.


That aside, all the best to the new committee headed by Ong Poh Eng (pic from Sports247.my). Here's hoping for a "peaceful" year ahead.

HD says: Make love, not war.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets for Kuala Lumpur Masters Malaysia Super 100 2023 now available

Pelepasan cukai tambahan untuk pembelian alatan sukan, sewaan fasiliti sukan antara cadangan untuk Bajet 2024

From 'Mr P' to 'Kemelut Dalaman BAM': Four chapters of 'mesej Whatsapp layang'