Introduce archery aggressively in schools, says SEA Games winner

(From left) The author, Juwaidi and Astro Arena's Shaukei Kahar

So what did national archer Juwaidi Mazuki do after winning his second SEA Games gold medal?

He took his classic Datsun B310 to the workshop!

"I'm a classic car enthusiast. The car belonged to my dad Mazuki Jusoh.
"I upgraded it's alarm system."

Juwaidi's 'love'.
He remembers being introduced to the sport when he was 13.

"I was rather nakal and loud then (while studying at SMK Tun Mutahir, Melaka).
"A replacement teacher, by the name of Mr Zambri if I recall his name right, introduced me to the sport.

"I gave it a shot but got bored on the first day and wanted to give up. But I didn't," said Juwaidi who was a guest on Astro Arena's Nadi Analisis at 1.15pm.

And it was no turning back since.

Juwaidi, who just became a father to a baby girl Aisyah Humairah, one month 14 days ago, said he wished schools would promote archery aggressively.

"We need to distinguish compound and recurve archers. We need more programmes for compound at the lower level. Only then we will be able to have a large pool of talent. "

 Juwaidi runs an archery shop Excella Archery Proshop in Alor Gajah, Melaka and plans to expand more stores in Kuala Lumpur and hopefully Penang.

"Business is good. We are recognised in the region and beyond. We will be providing equipment for a regional tournament in Bangladesh soon.

"There is demand for sure. Even national archer Lee Kin Lip runs a shop in Tawau.

"While I have this business to fall back on, my dream is to be the Misbun Sidek of archery... to unearth new talents and impart my knowledge with the hope of moulding a world champion."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets for Kuala Lumpur Masters Malaysia Super 100 2023 now available

Pelepasan cukai tambahan untuk pembelian alatan sukan, sewaan fasiliti sukan antara cadangan untuk Bajet 2024

From 'Mr P' to 'Kemelut Dalaman BAM': Four chapters of 'mesej Whatsapp layang'