Coach should follow athlete to Olympics. Period

 


Honestly, I was informed of many other things regarding this matter. But they were all verbal conversations between the Malaysia Athletics Federation (MAF) and the concerned third parties. Verbal conversations, when made public, will end up being a "you say, I say debate".

But it is confirmed that there were conversations between MAF and the National Sports Council and Olympic Council of Malaysia to send an official instead of Lee Hup Wei's coach. Read Twentytwo13's article today.

The higher jumper has booked a spot to the Olympics by virtue of his world ranking.

If I were to be Hup Wei, I'd prefer having my coach with me rather than some official. Although I'm a seasoned athlete and have been "jumping for 20 years", I still would want my coach with me. 

I hope the good people at MAF, NSC and OCM will make the right choice for the athlete ahead of June 30.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets for Kuala Lumpur Masters Malaysia Super 100 2023 now available

Pelepasan cukai tambahan untuk pembelian alatan sukan, sewaan fasiliti sukan antara cadangan untuk Bajet 2024

From 'Mr P' to 'Kemelut Dalaman BAM': Four chapters of 'mesej Whatsapp layang'