Malaysia’s Isyraf Danish aiming for F4 crown

PRESS RELEASE




Isyraf Danish Mohd Ghazali, the only Malaysian to be crowned event champion in the inaugural FIA Formula 4 Southeast Asia Championship, has a lofty goal for the second season which flags off on Friday. 

“Nothing less than to be the overall champion,” said the supremely confident 16-year-old from Subang Jaya.

“I’m also super excited we are one of the support races for the final Malaysian Formula One Grand Prix.

“I’ve been waiting since I was five to race on the same weekend as an F1 event.

“Hopefully I can continue my winning form in Sepang.”

Isyraf Danish’s victory in the final leg of the 36-race series last season helped him be the event champion at Sepang International Circuit (SIC) in January.

This year, there are five legs — Malaysia (Friday to Sunday), Clark International Speedway in the Philippines (Oct 20-22), Sentul International Circuit in Indonesia (Nov 24-26), Buriram International Circuit  in Thailand (Jan 12-14) and the finale back in Sepang (Feb 9-11).


“There are 30 races this year and having tasted victory in Sepang earlier this year, I’m determined to repeat that performance this weekend,” said Isyraf Danish, who is an “Instagram Star” as he has close to 600,000 followers.






“I’ve been training hard for the season. I can’t underestimate anyone. I have to stay focus.

“I’m praying for a dry race in Sepang as I’ll be more comfortable. I’ve done some pre-season testing and am quite pleased with my times.”

As one of 12 worldwide championships in the FIA’s F4 global format, the FIA single-operated F4 SEA Championship is certified by FIA designed to help young aspiring motorsport talents fulfil their racing ambitions.

This most comprehensive and cost-effective F4 programme is the only driver development championship in Asia, and provides young racers with 30 race starts, extensive track time, experienced engineers and coaches with shared data to build their motorsport careers.

Most importantly, F4 SEA drivers begin to collect their FIA Super Licence points on this first FIA step to F1 in Asia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets for Kuala Lumpur Masters Malaysia Super 100 2023 now available

Pelepasan cukai tambahan untuk pembelian alatan sukan, sewaan fasiliti sukan antara cadangan untuk Bajet 2024

From 'Mr P' to 'Kemelut Dalaman BAM': Four chapters of 'mesej Whatsapp layang'