Still banking on Malaysia Open? I still have my doubts


On Feb 10, I wrote:

The Malaysia Open is scheduled for March 31 to April 4.

However, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) may be forced to postpone the tournament again with the Movement Control Order (MCO) still in place.

Read the full article on Twentytwo13.

The Badminton World Federation yesterday confirmed:


So will the Malaysia Open really take place on May 25-30? 

I had in my article highlighted why this Malaysia Open could turn out to be super costly for the host - ie. the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM).

There are also several factors to consider - the on-going battle against Covid-19 and talks of a possible general election.

In short, there's uncertainty. And with uncertainty, it's difficult to plan. It's just a BAM thing but an affair which the national body needs to convince the world body that everything will go on smoothly.

February is about to end and that leaves BAM with just about two and a half months to organise the tournament.

As of today, I have doubts that the Malaysia Open will be held in May. And I'll stick to what I wrote on Feb 10 - we should forget hosting the Malaysia Open this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets for Kuala Lumpur Masters Malaysia Super 100 2023 now available

Pelepasan cukai tambahan untuk pembelian alatan sukan, sewaan fasiliti sukan antara cadangan untuk Bajet 2024

From 'Mr P' to 'Kemelut Dalaman BAM': Four chapters of 'mesej Whatsapp layang'