Ramlan saga - Part 3
UPDATE (May 23, 2012: 12.06pm): Dilema JKR, 'dua' ketua pengarah - this was brought to my attention. Read here for more. ----- I first wrote about the effort to remove National Sports Institute director general Dr Ramlan Aziz in March - as seen here . Then I wrote about the same subject again early May . I was invited to be a guest for this week's Kafe Sukan but had to decline as the recording was done on Sunday - the same day I left the country. Apparently Ramlan's predicament was discussed. Despite receiving numerous SMS-es - for and against what was discussed - I will refrain from commenting as I have yet to view the show. I have also been told there are efforts to get certain people to replace Ramlan. To me that is secondary. I have still not obtained the answers to these questions; 1. According to the NSI Act, only the minister can hire or fire the director general. Has the minister issued such a directive? 2. According to the country's Lab...

First we need to stop appointing people based on race !
ReplyDeleteMalaysia has many capable people based on ability rather then race. Politically for the almost three decade we've been putting people in places mainly based on race. This has caused us to fail in nation building. It is not that certain race is incapable but, at the same time, we must also not forget that anything got to do with human capital development one should be principled to carry out the task - no easy way and short-cut
Mandatory issues in nation building are frequently compromised because of race based policies. Until and when we address this issue, we will be stuck in the wilderness forever with no hope - failing also spiritually.
HSKL says: Race sentiment is most advantages in our failed nation building.
It's okay if it is a foreigner.... But not a malaysian of a different shade!
Delete