Thank you!

I must firstly thank the Sportswriters Association of Malaysia (SAM) for their continuous efforts to recognise the work of sports journalist in the country.

I must thank those who still have faith in my work although I was informed certain officials refused to look at the stage when the Sports Ministry's secretary-general Mohid Mohammed handed me the trophy and a nice Nikon V1 camera for the Best Article (Print) Award 2012 for my article "Insurance bungle" that appeared in The Malay Mail on Jan 11, 2012 during the SAM-Sports Ministry Awards ceremony at PJ Hilton yesterday.

And I must congratulate my fellow compatriots who were nominated and won awards in their respective categories.

I am glad that through my writings, former Negeri Sembilan physiotherapist See Kim Leong's wife was able to obtain the insurance money after her husband passed away due to a heart attack on Feb 5, 2011 as seen here.

This is in addition to the Best Special Report and Sportswriter of the Year awards that I won last year.

Thank you all!

List of winners SAM-Sports Ministry 2012 Awards;

1. Best Article (print) - Haresh Deol (The Malay Mail)

2. Best commentary (print) - Rajes Paul (The Star)

3. Best report (electronic media) - Fadzrie Hazis (Astro Awani)

4. Best commentary (electronic media) - Baharunurdalila Baharudin (RTM)

5. Best Special Report (open) - Effa Dian Ali (RTM)

6. Best Sports Photography - SS Kanesan (The Star)

7. Sportswriter of the Year - Rajes Paul (The Star)

HD says: This is for you Uncle See!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets for Kuala Lumpur Masters Malaysia Super 100 2023 now available

From 'Mr P' to 'Kemelut Dalaman BAM': Four chapters of 'mesej Whatsapp layang'

Pelepasan cukai tambahan untuk pembelian alatan sukan, sewaan fasiliti sukan antara cadangan untuk Bajet 2024