Happy Birthday Malaysia

I still remember the 29th Merdeka celebrations at Dataran Merdeka.

My late dad placed me on his shoulders as we joined thousands to witness the march-past accompanied by the fighter jets that flew above us.

Staying at Pekeliling Flats then, I was used to seeing fighter jets practicing prior the Merdeka celebrations.

But that was the first time I saw them flying majestically at Dataran Merdeka.

My dad and I were pleasantly surprised when we saw our faces in Utusan Malaysia the next day (Sept 1, 1986 - pic). My dad kept the page in his diary since.

I stumbled upon the picture recently. It reminded me of the good times I had with my dad.

Merdeka is not only about Malaysia celebrating its independence. Merdeka is also a celebration of the good times I had with my dad.

Happy 54th birthday Malaysia. Let's Cheers, Rihanna's way.

HD says: Merdeka, merdeka, merdeka!

Comments

  1. HD

    ANDA SALAH SEORANG YANG BERTUAH DAN JARANG KITA DAPAT SIMPAN GAMBAR MASA USIA MASIH KECIL. MERDEKA ..


    PEMINAT SUKAN

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets for Kuala Lumpur Masters Malaysia Super 100 2023 now available

From 'Mr P' to 'Kemelut Dalaman BAM': Four chapters of 'mesej Whatsapp layang'

Pelepasan cukai tambahan untuk pembelian alatan sukan, sewaan fasiliti sukan antara cadangan untuk Bajet 2024