UPDATE (May 23, 2012: 12.06pm): Dilema JKR, 'dua' ketua pengarah - this was brought to my attention. Read here for more. ----- I first wrote about the effort to remove National Sports Institute director general Dr Ramlan Aziz in March - as seen here . Then I wrote about the same subject again early May . I was invited to be a guest for this week's Kafe Sukan but had to decline as the recording was done on Sunday - the same day I left the country. Apparently Ramlan's predicament was discussed. Despite receiving numerous SMS-es - for and against what was discussed - I will refrain from commenting as I have yet to view the show. I have also been told there are efforts to get certain people to replace Ramlan. To me that is secondary. I have still not obtained the answers to these questions; 1. According to the NSI Act, only the minister can hire or fire the director general. Has the minister issued such a directive? 2. According to the country's Lab...
Former national football coaches 1940 - 1950: Neoh Boon Hean 1950 - 1956: Edwin Dutton 1956 - 1959: Choo Seng Quee 1960 - 1964: Otto Westphal 1964 - 1966: C. De Silva 1967 - 1968: Peter Velappan 1969: Abdul Ghani Minhat 1969 - 1970: Harold Hassall 1970 - 1971: Dave McLaren 1972: Jalil Che Din 1973: Tam Sitwa 1973 - 1977: M. Kuppan 1974: Jalil Che Din 1978: Chow Kwai Lam 1979 - 1982: Karl-Heinz Weigang 1982 - 1983: M. Chandran 1983 - 1985: Frank Lord 1985 - 1986: Mohamad Bakar 1986 - 1987: Jozef Vengloš 1987: Abdul Rahman Ibrahim 1988: Richard Bate 1988: ...
UPDATE 6.30pm: Myanmar club Yangon United FC apparently held an emergency meeting this morning, FA of Malaysia to lodge official complaint to AFC. ------ UPDATE 9.08am: AFC replies: Nice to hear from you. According to the documents registered with us, these players are eligible (age-wise) for the tournament. AFC has a strict policy under which it ensures that due diligence is observed in the player registration process for all its tournaments.Hope this helps. ---- UPDATE 7am: Fielding over-aged players has been a problem in the past. Fifa, had in 2009, ordered bone tests to be performed on players at the Under-17 World Cup in Nigeria as seen here . Pakistani squash officials, meanwhile, check their players' armpits to verify age as reported here . ------- Apparently Myanmar are fielding over-aged players in the on-going AFC Under-22 qualification competition in Yangon. Based on the start list (left), at least two players seem to be above 22 years old. Details wer...
Comments
Post a Comment